If you want something sticky with a bit of a kick then this is for you! I had no idea how this way going to turn out being that I was experimenting but its actually really nice. I made enough for my lunch at work tomorrow and I’m already looking forward to eating it so that’s got to be a good sign
- Tofu (240g)
- Flour- a handful
- Maple syrup – I used 4 tablespoons
- Pepper – A much as you like, I have a grinder and seemed to ground a lot
- Bell Pepper – I used half a red and half an orange
- 1 red onion (I always use red onions due to their anti inflammatory benefits)
- half an avocado (but actually just use a much as you want…you want a whole one-go for it!!)
- Spring onions – 3-4
- Couscous – 80g for one portion
I cut the tofu up into quite small chunks and covered it in flour, I only had plain flower in but you can obviously use starch flour / coconut flour, or another variation if you prefer. I then marinated it with tamari, maple syrup and pepper. Whilst the tofu was marinating I cooked the couscous and chopped up the veg. I then used coconut oil and and put the onion on, after a minute I added the tofu. I let this cook on a low heat for a minute or two. I then threw in the peppers and the spring onions, added a bit more tamari and covered the pan with a lid whilst stirring every so often. After around 3 minutes its done!
Present it however you like, I put the couscous in a bowl and added half the pan and put the other half in a container ready for work tomorrow ( disclaimer: I have already been in the fridge and eaten a few spoonfuls). I then added the avocado, took some pics and then dove in!